We generally interpret "Missions" as work for God outside of our own congregation. Each month, we have a special designation for our bucket offering, which we call "Change to Change the World." Online, our missions donations go to the designated mission for the month. For January, this has been Justice for our Neighbors, a United Methodist organization that provides free and low-cost legal services and advocacy to immigrants. For February, it will go towards our winter heating bill, so that we can continue to offer the building's hospitality to neighborhood organizations at a rate that they can afford to pay. For March, our mission funds will go to Heifer International, which provides animals to change the lives of people in poverty around the globe. Mission giving opens doors to the whole world!
You can ...
- Use the giving machine outside the office with your debit or credit card. Please write your name on the receipt and where you intend your giving to go: missions, youth, utilities, operating, programs, etc. and put it in the offering plate or slide it under the office door.
- Bring or mail your contribution to: Irving Park United Methodist Church, 3801 North Keeler, Chicago, IL 60641
- Make a non-cash donation. The United Methodist Foundation helps us with the gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds so that they come to the church as quickly and efficiently as possible. Gifts of stock can be dramatic. If you had a stock purchased at $5,000 and it gained in value to $21,000 – if you were to give that stock to the church instead of paying the capital gains tax and other taxes, it could save you $10,230 in tax savings and provide over double that gift to the church. You can give through your will, or by designating the church as a beneficiary on your life insurance. You can set up a trust for the church where your house goes to the church upon your death, but you get to live in it until that point. There are many ways to give!
- Give through your bank's online bill pay service.
- Set up your giving to be sent to the church on the days of the month that work best for you, and let your giving become a regular and automatic part of your financial life. You may use the cards in the pews to put in the plate as an acknowledgement that you offer your gifts to God in this regular and significant way.
- Give through Great Hearts. https://app.greathearts.community/organizations/the-united-methodist-church
If you have questions, please contact the church office at: 773-283-6262.